As the Email Marketing Heroes, people can sometimes assume that we favour email marketing over a content marketing strategy. That’s just not true!
Although we’re huge fans of email marketing, that doesn’t mean that we don’t understand the importance of social media and content marketing too.
In fact, we think that they can both work together in harmony to create the perfect blend of content marketing.
Eek! Don't Miss An Episode
Receive a heads up by email when we drop a new episode (it's free):
Using Email In Your Content Marketing Strategy
- (0:20) Funny fact with Rob and Kennedy
- (1:30) Everyone’s talking about content, creating content and how to do it best.
- (2:01) Do email marketing and content marketing work together?
- (3:12) The email marketing vs. content marketing battle in the form of a rock band analogy.
- (4:28) Does accessibility play a role in whether to use social media more than email marketing?
- (6:35) We really don’t hate social media!
- (8:30) Email marketing and content marketing are stronger together.
- (10:00) Using email as a distribution channel for your content.
- (12:48) Using planning tools to plan out your content marketing and how to factor in email marketing with that.
- (13:39) Using both methods to push people towards your single focus and goal.
- (15:35) How to use email tags and segmentation to support your content creation.
- (17:12) Should you be giving away free content in your emails?
- (18:20) Listeners question
- (21:41) Subject line of the week
Subject Line Of The Week
I don’t do email marketing and I know I should, tech and lack of know-how puts me off. I’m afraid of making mistakes and wasting time, so what 3 tips do you have to help me overcome this and get started?Pippa Akram – Social Pip
Rob: Most people over-complicate everything, so the first thing is to realise that email marketing can be (and should be) quite simple.
Kennedy: The second thing is that while you’re not doing any email marketing at all you don’t know what results you might get. The only results that matter are the ones that are important to your list.
Rob: Take the stuff that you’re already great at online and work out how to take those skills and content and apply it to email.
If you have an email marketing question you would love us to answer you can submit it right here.
7.5 Types Of Email Call To Action You’ll Actually Use – Blog Post
The Email Marketing Strategy Every Business Should Steal – Blog Post
6 Techniques To Segment Your Email Subscribers – Podcast Episode
Writing The Perfect Welcome Email With Gavin Bell – Podcast Episode
Check out our Youtube channel for a behind-the-scenes look at The Email Marketing Show
Follow us on Instagram for daily email marketing advice and ninja tips
Connect with us on Twitter for podcast updates and email marketing content